Tuesday 25 May 2010






A visit to the Mill
On a recent trip to the Netherlands my husband and I came across a lovely gallery in a windmill. We were welcomed by Marleen Hansen who runs workshops and therapy sessions there as well as painting her absolutely lovely paintings. We had a bit hair-raising moment at one point in the gallery because my little son started running around and there were some rather nice organic-ceramic art works by Carla Wolfs there too, so in fast hunting mode, we trapped him and pinned him to the ground. Well, not really but we made sure all arms and legs were out of reach of anything remotely breakable, as it really would have been a shame to break any of them. Because of the little monkey I didn't get any pictures of her stuff but have a look at her site, it's rather nice. I got few pictures of the paintings and this one of Marleen's paintings I particularly liked :

I know that both sites are in Dutch, but I think you can still get the gist of them and their work is rather nice.

No comments: