Sunday 3 June 2012

New, beautiful craft material.

 Yesterday I went to town to pick up a few things and one shop was having a mini sale. I picked up a few odds and ends and found a great treasure. They were throwing out the big wall paper sample books.  I peeked inside some of them and they were GORGEOUS!  Not only would I have liked them on my walls, the papers were a crafters dream!  There are leather look-a likes (and they are so realistic) and other beautifully textured ones in super colours. I picked up several of them.  There are so many different ones to choose from I didn't know where to start so I just picked the first two sheets in one of the books and this is what I made with it.

 The finished beads

 First attempt at stringing.

 Not very flat, it keeps twisting.
.
 Second attempt with smaller beads.

 Same problem

 In the mean time I tried some different varnishes for the subsequent beads.
 Two of the varnishes used and I also used a normal quick drying varnish.

The finished necklace.  Still a few wrinkles to iron out, but this is just a proto type.

Well what do you think? I would love to hear what you think.  I will soon show the leather look beads and what I made with them.

1 comment:

Ouch Potato said...

It's lovely, and reminds me a little of the ruffs worn by the Elizabethans :)