Saturday 24 July 2010

T52MMMC





"What is that" I hear you say. Well it is a challenge I have accepted. I'm trying to make one new thing each week and share it here on my blog. If you look in the side bar of my blog you will see the button for T52MMMC, and join if you so wish.

This is what I have made this week. I love embellished fabric covered books and decided to try making one myself. I bought a small notebook, covered it in funky fabric and then embellished with contrasting fabrics, beads and other pretty things.

I started out cutting the shapes with a Quickutz and used my new spray-glue to stick these on my felt rectangle. It says on the tin that the glue doesn't snag the needle and it really is great!


I stuck all the shapes down and stitched them and decorated them with beads and tiny sequins.



I stuck the rectangle onto my fabric to cover the book and stitched that on the cover fabric. I added a ribbon as a book mark and lined the inside cover pages with some pretty matching paper. Here are the pictures of the finished journal.





No comments: