Tuesday 2 June 2015

H2only challenge

Long time nothing to do on this blog, but today I thought I would be back to blogging.  Lots has happened but the blog got a little forgotten. Youngest daughter emigrated and got married older daughter started volunteering with the RNLI.
So a few weeks ago on a nice sunny day we drove to New Quay and watched our girl being hoisted in and out of a whopping great, big, yellow helicopter.





Not many people realise that this is a charity and that all the crew are volunteers. Obviously they all need safety equipment like life jackets, helmets, boots and many other items. The boats are constantly maintained to a high standard and need replacing from time to time. 

Big boat and little boat

Daughter dearest

Some of the crew in their kit


So this is what it is all about, To raise some funds for this vital emergency service my daughters, my nine year old son and I have joined the RNLI's  H2only challenge.  This means from 5pm this day we only drink water, no tea, coffee or anything else.  We just enjoyed our last cup of tea



and from now on it is water only.  I shall let you know how it is going, but what I would really like from you is that you would support us by giving a donation to this page. This will go to the RNLI direct and will help save many lives.  So please make it worth our while to suffer coffee withdrawal!



No comments: