Thursday 2 June 2011

Couldn't sleep last night.

Last night I was lying awake and my mind was whizzing with ideas to make stuff.  I had bought some gorgeous red pearls from Madcowbeads and was totally at a loss what to do with them. On one of my wanderings about I walked past some red spotted fabric and a little light bulb came on.  Today I actually started of with some of it.
This is the pile of materials I started with.  I have some spotty fabric, some iron-on vylene, wooden skewers and large wooden beads.  I was being supervised by a sleepy feline who had stowed away in a cardboard box.


 Fortunately he was very sleepy and stayed in his box so I managed to get on and give a couple of different bead styles a try.  I made some barrel beads an inch long and just under half an inch diameter, some titchy "bi-cone" ones and covered three large wooden beads as well.  I have made the bi-cone type before but I had never covered wooden beads or tried to make really tiny ones either.





 Tomorrow I will add the gorgeous pearls to it and post the results.  Please let me know what  you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The beads are amazing! Sometimes it is good not to be able to sleep! lol!