Last night I was lying awake and my mind was whizzing with ideas to make stuff. I had bought some gorgeous red pearls from Madcowbeads and was totally at a loss what to do with them. On one of my wanderings about I walked past some red spotted fabric and a little light bulb came on. Today I actually started of with some of it.
This is the pile of materials I started with. I have some spotty fabric, some iron-on vylene, wooden skewers and large wooden beads. I was being supervised by a sleepy feline who had stowed away in a cardboard box.
Fortunately he was very sleepy and stayed in his box so I managed to get on and give a couple of different bead styles a try. I made some barrel beads an inch long and just under half an inch diameter, some titchy "bi-cone" ones and covered three large wooden beads as well. I have made the bi-cone type before but I had never covered wooden beads or tried to make really tiny ones either.
Tomorrow I will add the gorgeous pearls to it and post the results. Please let me know what you think.