Thursday 1 August 2013

Back to blogging.

Yes I know it has been ages since I blogged. It has been hectic and some bad things and some good things have happened.
As my regular readers know I love my pets. I have several cats and two dogs. In the last three months I have however lost two of my cats. Umlaut (so named because he has two dots on the end of his tail)

He had to be put to sleep as he had Feline Infectious Peritonitis . It was something I had never heard of. He was lethargic and his tummy began to swell very quickly. We miss him a lot.

And Ice


Now Ice was my "consolation cat". My children bought him for me after I lost my baby daughter. He was rather special as he always read my moods and he would actually wipe the tears from my cheeks (yes I know he may just have been chasing them) but he would follow me around when I felt low and demand that I fuss him. Strangely I always felt better after. What happened to him was sad. He was an indoor cat, and was occasionally allowed out while we were out. He always stayed clear of the road and spend his time in the garden. However he missed his pal Umlaut and went looking for him.... He strayed onto the road and got knocked down. My husband found him on the road and we had to take him to the vets to be put to sleep as his injuries were to great. So you can probably understand why I did not feel like blogging much.

My husband could see my distress and got me a most wonderful present to fill the huge cat shaped hole.  Let me introduce Bertie:
I am sure he will pop up now and then on the blog, just like the others did.  Tomorrow I will share some of the good things that have happened and then after that I will be back with arts and crafts.

4 comments:

Susan Schiller said...

Those cats sound very special, and I can only imagine how great is your loss. I'm so sorry, especially about Ice... who was your comforter.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories - thanks for sharing. I'm glad I came her today from the 30-day blog challenge :)

Unknown said...

Sad and happy. I know you miss them, but what a cutie has joined your family.

I don't think for one minute that Ice was "chasing" your tears. Cats are smart, sensitive, and very aware of the feelings of those they love.

Can't wait to find out more about your art as well.

Unknown said...

hey Hannelore,
I am part of your 30 day blog challenge...and first off I love your blog page...and love that you too are an animal lover!!
My cat Mr Nose is currently living with my girlfriend, in Cali, Colombia....
I know first hand from having put my dog down how horribly sad it is when one of our Pals has to leave our home...but never our hearts...
I, totally, agree that Ice, licked away your tears. as Dale mentioned, they are intuitive beyond our imagination!!
Well....I love your new little guy..Looking forward to hearing all your stories and getting to know you!!

Thanks
Pat

Ouch Potato said...

I'm so glad to see you back in Blog-land, Hannelore - it's hard to write when you're sad, I know, but I'm glad that Bertie is helping to raise your spirits enough to come back here :)

I can't wait to see what you create with your crafting, either :)

Now you're back, maybe you'd be able to nudge Peter to add some more posts, too {grin}
x x x