I have been finding it increasingly difficult to find time to do things. I mean arty/crafty things. Housework is one of those thankless tasks. You do them, turn around and it is back almost as if by magic. Then there is the phone. I almost always find that as soon as I start doing something the phone starts ringing and interrupts what you are doing, which in the case of arty/crafty things completely ruins the "flow". I get frustrated, feel it is not worth starting anything and I get an attack of artist block. Then I end up looking at lovely crafty things on the internet and spend ages on Pinterest to overcome this. Good to get creative juices flowing but bad idea, because it eats into creative time. So I have decided to do something about it. I am going to put some point of action into place. I think the fact that I started a 30-day-blog challenge has just helped me clarify things in my mind.
So, what am I going to do? Well this:
- get up a little earlier.(for obvious reasons as it is quieter in the mornings)
- make lists of things to do.(to prioritise tasks)
- use a timer to set a fixed limit to task (helps to focus on task in hand)
- finish of works in progress (they have a habit of stifling the creative mind)
- tidy a bit of the house/craft room at a time (so it does not overwhelm me)